Thursday, June 7, 2012

"Let me call you cheposh, I'm in love with you"


An e-mail in which I inform my family about a very important Hungarian word...

Hey Family,                                                                                            Jan. 27, 2012

Remember "Let me call you Cheposh, I'm in love with you," the fun bedtime song from our childhoods?
Well I learned from my students today that "Csipás" (the Hungarian spelling of our Cheposh) is a very very old Hungarian word that either means "little child" or "eye gunk" (like when you wake up and you have crusties in your eyes).
How funny is that?? Many of my students were not even familiar with this word csipás because it is so old fashioned to them. But my best and favorite student knew the meanings and we all learned something today.
Now you did too!
Love everyone and missing you alot.
Abs

No comments:

Post a Comment