Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Charlie Brown Christmas...

In December, Alyssa and I had a great Christmas surprise when we were given a tiny Christmas tree from the Frater school :)

The Hungarians don't decorate their trees nor put them up until the day before Christmas (celebrated the 24th) or on the day of Christmas. Alyssa and I badly want a Christmas tree for our flat. We have been talking about it since October. I see a potted plant that has fallen over after the crazy wind we had the night before; it is outside but within the school grounds. I think, well hey that could be the perfect little tree, it looked like a Christmas tree on a smaller scale. I asked Zsuzsa about it and she told me that no she will find something better and will have some students transport it to my flat. I am sooooo excited!!
When I arrived this afternoon, I saw the most pitiful little tree (no resemblance to a Christmas tree) with only a few branches, just enough to hold several ornaments. I just laughed and thought this is the tree from Charlie Brown's Christmas!!




No comments:

Post a Comment