Friday, February 17, 2012

Christmas WAS around the corner...

Just as another way of updating you on my life in Miskolc...this was another e-mail I sent my friends and family around Christmas time. I thought it would be a nice way for you to get a glimpse at a day of my life here :)

To all of my biggest fans in the U.S.A.---                                                                         November 2011

Christmas is just around the corner and I read a statistic the 20% of people have already started their Christmas shopping (aka Joan Welbourn, the perpetual Christmas shopper). So now that it is almost Christmas and I have lived here for about 3 months, I wanted to give you a picture of my life.

What the heck am I up to???
Let's take a glimpse at my Hungarian life by reading about my typical day:

8:50: teach 12th Grade English class at Frater high school
10:30: teach 11th grade English class at Frater high school
11:45: eat lunch in the school cafeteria with my colleagues 
12:15: take the tram to Zrinyi Ilona high school
12:30: teach 9th Grade English class at Zrinyi high school
1:30: teach 10th Grade English class at Zrinyi high school
2:30: write lesson plans, grade papers, and prepare for tomorrow
4:00: meet a student for coffee or run errands with my roommate Alyssa
6:30: teach a bible study at Miskolc orphanage 
8:00 cook dinner, send some e-mails, or Skype with friends and family


***All of these activities are well and good and surely enough to keep me busy and involved in positive ways here in this city. But the point of all of this is the people that I interact with on a daily basis. From students to other teachers, to the orphanage children and other friends I have the opportunity every day to be a Light to people that don't know about Jesus. Please pray for me to be in tune with the Spirit because if it were up to me, I couldn't make any impact here, it is completely the Holy Spirit in me doing this great work. Pray that I wouldn't get caught up in the schedule or the busyness that it creates but that I would be open to the movement of the Spirit to step out of the schedule when He asks.

Thanks for your support with prayers and reading my blog!!!
Love and blessings,


Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment